Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rocking and Rolling


Joey Rolled Over!

Monday March 9th Joey crossed his legs arched his back and rolled over from laying on his back to laying on his stomach as you see here.

Joey was playing on the floor on his blanket for a while. He had a toy on the floor with him and he was chasing it around the blanket. He would get hold of the toy play with it drop it wiggle around too far to reach it then wiggle back within reach of it again. Along with playing with the toy when Joey worked his way to the edge of the blanket he would turn onto his side grab the satin bound edge of the blanket and either suck on it or rub the silky cloth on his face. (I understand it, I did that when I was little too.) Well after several times of working his way to the edge and enjoying the silky fabric he just turned to his side and kept on going. It took effort it wasn't an accident.

This whole time I was on the floor next to him talking on the phone with my sister. I was stunned for a moment when Joey rolled over. Once I had a chance to take in what had just happened I told my sister what Joey was doing. Next I jumped up and got my camera to commemorate the moment with a photo. Joey was happy, he did not fuss a bit about being on his tummy. Tummy time is not Joey's favorite thing but being in control and putting himself there seemed to sit well with him tonight.

What fun it is marking progress, we're so glad we could share this news with you.

1 comment:

Nanalaine said...

Oh, there's no stopping him now! Next crawling, then pulling up, then walking! Before you know where the time went, he will be driving. Yikes!! I promise, it happens so quickly. Well, I know, don't rush things. Let's just savor each precious & cute milestone. Thanks for sharing & posting. Can't wait to see ya'll!