Thursday, September 4, 2008

Winning the Battle

Little by little I am winning the battle of the nursery. Earlier this week I put up a nicer set of blinds. Today I finished putting up the chair rail. Tomorrow I have to countersink the nail heads and use some white caulk hide the nails and make all the joints and corners look nice and smooth. Then maybe Friday we will put up the border. I have also added some pictures to my photobucket that shows my progress. Once the border is in place and my mess is all cleaned up we will be ready for the furniture which is scheduled to arrive on Sept. 18.

2 comments:

Just Jen said...

I was so certain I did NOT want a wallpaper border I can hardly believe we are doing this. After spending most of a day with your mom cleaning wallpaper paste off the kitchen walls in our last home I thought I would never ever willingly apply wallpaper of any kind anywhere. All that work removing the paste, who knew the builder would do such a good job applying wall paper in a cookie cutter house like that, and all so we could paint and move.

I was surprised when you found that wallpaper border online and emailed me the link. But I simply could not help myself, I was hooked when I saw those cute jungle animals and then you pointed out how the giraffe is wearing a Hawaiian print shirt like my dad does when he goes out sometimes. Suddenly the bad memories of the paste removal day faded right away.

I can't wait to see the room all done it's going to be so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the border!!! I'm also loving how hard you are working on Joey's room. What a good daddy you will be!