Saturday, February 7, 2009

First Foods!

Joey went for his 4 month check up on Tuesday, February 3rd. His latest stats are: 17 lbs, 13 oz. 25 3/4 inches long. What a big boy! The doctor told us we could now start Joey on first foods. Rice cereal comes first because it is easy to digest and will help him get used to the feel of food. The picture above is of Joey's reaction to his first rice cereal. Once he gets the hang of eating, we will try other new foods. Jenifer and I plan to try only one new thing each week to help us isolate any foods that don't agree with our little man.
Joey has been sleeping very good lately. 11-12 hours of good solid sleeping at night sure makes for a hungry boy in the morning. The doctor also encouraged us to get Joey sleeping in his own room as soon as possible. I think, however, that Jenifer and I aren't quite ready for that. He isn't causing us any problems sleeping in his bassinet next to Jenifer, and we kind of like hearing the little noises he makes in his sleep. Joey is making progress toward rolling over, but he definitely isn't a big fan of tummy time. 5 minutes and he's all done with that. Those are the latest goings on in the Jungle... We'll keep you posted as news develops.
Thanks for stopping in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a little cutie! I thought we would never get Savannah OFF rice cereal! She probably ate it until she was 4! Great stuff!

Nanalaine said...

Love this cute pic! He looks excited about food (Sims family trait.) He's doing so well sleeping at night, maybe you shouldn't rock the boat. Doctors don't know evathang! I doubt that he will still be sleeping in your room when he is 16.