Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Wheels

Joey got some new wheels on Tuesday. Jenifer and I went for a date at the Mellow Mushroom in Brandon and then some shopping at Babies R Us. The two latest additions to Joey's stuff are the stroller shown above, and a high chair that straps to the top of a regular chair (it reclines too). Now Joey can be more comfortable in the kitchen with Jenifer when she is baking and he can see where we are going when we go on walks. This stroller is collapsible and will be much easier to travel with when we attend Emily's wedding out on the left coast in May (Emily is our niece). Joey is growing like kudzu. Very soon he will need a forward facing car seat. It's hard to believe he's almost 4 months old. Joey's new favorite thing is a toy that hangs in front of him when he is in his bouncy seat. When he pulls on one part it plays the notes from the song "Sailing, Sailing". He loves being able to be in control of something. He has also discovered his thumb and so far prefers it to his pacifier simply because it's easier for him to put it into his own mouth. He does this at 4am instead of waking up... which can be nice. I wonder how long it will take us to break him of this habit. Jenifer and I are looking forward to first foods... I expect the doctor will tell us soon to start him on rice cereal. Watching his reactions to different foods will be lots of fun. Finding out how far he can throw smashed peas might not be fun though.

3 comments:

KKeyes821 said...

Love the new wheels! Now, the bib on the other hand..... Let me guess who bought that one? LOL

Nanalaine said...

Thumbs are wonderful...it won't hurt him to suck his thumb...I did it until I was about 5 and I don't think it hurt me. It sure makes it nice when he comforts himself back to sleep at 4 a.m. He will enjoy the stroller - a guy's gotta see where he's going! The chair seat is great too. He won't throw his peas if you give him mashed potatoes to mix with them...but broccoli may be a different story. Love the new pics - so adorable and growing like kudzu - love that!

denise said...

Wow! I am so thankful for this venue in allowing us to share in the joy of Joey and your discovery in parenthood. Every time I see these photos and read your thoughts I am smiling the whole time. He is absolutely adorable and I can hardly wait to have the pleasure of holding him again. Ya'll are such good parents! Much LOVE!!