Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Happy Place

I love my time off with my family. I love seeing Jenifer in action as a mommy. I love seeing Joey's face light up when he hears my voice. He loves it when I rub his head. My hand covers the whole top of his bald little head, and I rub it back and forth wagging his head from side to side. I guess this must feel really good to him because he giggles when I do it. Sometimes he even asks me to do it by giving me a look and trying to rub his head with his little hand. He also gets excited to be put into his car seat. He seems to have a hunger for adventure. I am looking forward to all the milestones we have yet to reach with him, but I am in no hurry. I am enjoying every moment I get to spend with my family.
I have a mental exercise I like to do. I have this favorite place in the whole world to be. It's My happy place. When I am there I focus on every little detail that I can discern. Then later, when I need to control my mind, I recall these details. When I do this I can tune out pain, I can calm anxiety, I can even resist being tickled (as long as Christie is in a different state). This is a handy trick to learn. I would encourage everyone to try it. It really does work. If you had asked me this time last year what I was thinking of in those moments, I would have told you of a waterfall in Caches Valley GA. that very few people ever get to see.
If you ask me that same question today. I'd tell you that I am thinking about time spent at home with Jenifer and Joey. That's right, my new happy place is home! At least until we get to spend some time at the waterfall as a family.

2 comments:

Nanalaine said...

Great pictures and blog! Joey is so adorable and he looks like he's in his happy place at home too. How special is that? Jenifer looks pretty happy too!

KKeyes821 said...

What a beautiful post! It's so wonderful to see you guys so happy as a family. What beautiful pictures too.