Thursday, July 31, 2008

Expecting Joey

When I found out I was pregnant in late February I was overjoyed. I've been marking off the weeks and days as time passes bringing us closer to meeting you our son. All the milestones that have passed while being pregnant so far have been so special to me and your daddy; seeing then hearing your heartbeat in early ultrasounds, marking off the first trimester, showing a baby bump which has grown into a baby belly, seeing you kicking and moving inside me during the ultrasound at 19 weeks, feeling you grow even stronger and moving and kicking inside my belly.

I loved you from the moment I knew I was carrying you, but my heart has grown in size and fondness for you as you've continued to grow. When I first started feeling you move inside me I was so happy and it made me feel so protective of you too, a little selfish as well. I can't wait to hold you but feeling you move made me not want to share. I can't imagine once your here being apart for even a minute, I'm sure there will come a time when we will be apart, briefly at first, but lets not rush that, I feel like I've waited for you for so long I don't want to let you go too soon.

I know that there are so many people besides me and your daddy that are anxious to meet you and love you too. You've got two sets of grandparents, a great grandmother, four aunts, 1 uncle, and so many cousins and friends all anxiously waiting to meet you.

Some funny things you might want to know, early on while I was pregnant with you I craved tomatoes, everything tomato from sliced to marinara to soup to ketchup. I think the first candy I had while pregnant with you that got your attention was Reese's Pieces I had some at a movie, you moved around a lot after I ate those candies. I think you might like apple juice a lot, I like apple juice, but I've never wanted to drink it so much as I do lately. I'm not sure how you'll feel about chicken while pregnant with you I've gone through phases where I just can't eat chicken, its just not appealing. I have enjoyed pickles so much more and that has been consistent the whole time I've been pregnant, but no not with ice cream (you'll understand that joke later baby.) The most unusual thing I think there is about liking pickles right now is that if they are dill or sour pickles and sort of warm that makes them even better. Your Aunt Christie introduced us to new sweet slightly spicy hot pickles too called Wickles and they are very good too. The first toy I just had to buy you was a sock monkey, your daddy and I picked out a theme for your room that includes monkeys, zebras, lions and giraffes. I really like monkey's though, go figure I was born in the Chinese calendar year of the monkey, anyway I hope you'll like monkeys too because I think you'll wind up with a few.

Soon daddy and I will get another glimpse of how you have grown, we have another ultrasound next week, the next mile marker after that is the end of the second trimester. Every day brings us closer to your birth day, I'd say I can't wait but I will wait till its the right time. Until then I'll be busy making a special place for you here at home.

Love you baby Joey, mommy.

No comments: