Friday, October 10, 2008

Thursday was a big day.

Yesterday was Joey's first Pediatric appointment. The doctor said he is doing very well and that we haven't broken him yet. While she was examining him his cord fell off. I asked her if he is gonna have an inny or and outty bellybutton but she said it's still to early to know. She said if she was guessing by the looks of it she would guess inny. The Doctor also told us that they recommend that we not let lots of people around him for the first 6 weeks. Especially since it's flu season. Jenifer and I will be going to get our flu shots on Saturday. The other advice was to make everyone wash with soap and water and use lots of hand sanitizer before touching him. They even gave us a neat little stop sign to hang on his carrier that says to wash up before touching him. It may be overprotective on my part... but I am taking bids on having a bubble built around his room until after flu season.
My dad came back yesterday. He happened to be delivering a truck for a store in Bradenton FL. Mom went to meet him at the drop off to give him a ride back here. The two of them will be here until some time tomorrow. It has been very nice having them around so much. I love seeing how excited they get over Joey. It is clear that he will never have a shortage of attention.
Jenifer's glider came in yesterday as well. I was very pleased that it arrived so quickly. Dad and I went to pick it up at the Babies R Us in Brandon last night. I was also very happy that it was so easy to put together. All I had to do was hand Dad the screwdriver. I think today I will take some more pictures of the Jungle. Joey's room has changed quite a bit since he arrived. I am sure that I will have some more pictures of Joey to upload later today too. Until then...
Y'all take care and keep in touch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby. He is beautiful and your wife is beaming with happieness.


Jennifer and Aria

Jen said...

Ack! Baby belly! Too much cuteness! :) I'm guessing an innie, too.

Happy Belated Birthday to Jenifer! I'm sure you're enjoying having your present at home with you.

KKeyes821 said...

What a cute little belly! Have fun with those flu shots. I have to go for mine on the 24th. Fun stuff, but well worth it! Are you guys ready for a meal yet? If you're not up for company yet, that's completely fine...send that hubby over to fetch it. Let me know if sometime this weekend you could use it? Believe it or not I DO cook every once in awhile. :)

Mandy said...

I love babies bellies! They are the best! Glad you're all doing well and hope you were able to soak up the last bit of grandparents spoiling Joey rotten!

Anonymous said...

The take bids on having the bubble built? If power tools are involved I know 3 Fosters that are there!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...That should have said "why"