Joey was a good eater from the beginning. He did have problems with eating so much that he spit up right at first, but he never had a time when he refused to eat. That first few days we were thrilled to see the bubbles in the bottle that meant that he was actually eating and It was great to have him nearly finish a 40ml bottle of Enfamil. Today (only 2 weeks later) I fed him a bottle with 100ml in it and that didn't quite satisfy him. If his appetite continues to follow this trend of doubling every 2 weeks... then by the time he is 3 months old he will be using 2 Liter Coke bottles. I hope that isn't the way it works in reality. It is exciting to see the changes that are already happening. He's getting a little pot belly and his cheeks (both sets) are filling out too. Jenifer and I have been trying to see our own features in him. Trying to answer the question who does he look like. While I can see similarities... I don't see an overwhelming likeness of either of us. He is just Joey... with some of each of us built in. I will say this without a doubt though. When he is mad... when he tunes up and demands to be fed... and he gets angry... He reminds me of my dad. His forehead wrinkles up and his whole head goes instantly flush with red. It hit me like a ton of bricks the first time I noticed it... I had seen that look before!!!
I guess he has a little redhead in him after all.
2 comments:
He is darling!!! It's OK if he looks like your Dad, he's cute too! When I showed Mom one of his pictures, she said it looked like Warren there sleeping. Can't wait to see him again!
You will be having the 'who does he look like' conversations for a while; and believe it or not it will change from week to week. It is amazing how you can see other family members in varying expressions. Can't wait to see him in person to make my own assessment.
Post a Comment