This blog post is going to be a little out of character for Joey's Jungle. I have something that I wanted to share with the people in my life who are getting married soon. I want them to read the best advice letter I ever got. Yes this means you Emily & Brad and John & Lauren and anyone else who can benefit from these words. The following is a letter that my mother wrote to me just before Jenifer and I got married. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I still do. If you click on the images you can see them full size and they will be easier to read:



Thank you Mom. I love you too!Jamie
3 comments:
If I had known about scanning and blogging back then, I would have re-written it more neatly before sending it to you! Love you all - bunches!!
This is a wonderful letter there is so much wisdom in it, I felt so grateful when Jamie shared it with me. I've been trying to put my thoughts down on paper and write something eloquent and thoughtful to Emily in particular. I've had many deep insightful thoughts I think a young married couple could benefit from and maybe I will get around to putting some of my thoughts on paper. But one thing I'll post here to include in addition to Elaine's letter to Jamie is telling your spouse you love them isn't just a couple words you say it's in your actions. You must show love not just speak love its in the little things like doing the laundry to make sure your honey has clean clothes for work, or packing a lunch for them even though your tired and you'd rather go to bed, it's accepting that one of you is a morning person and the other not so much so the morning person sometimes makes waffles for breakfast while letting the not so much sleepy head get that extra 20 minutes or so of sleep. Marriage is wonderful and romantic it is possible to keep that feeling past the newlywed stage just know that it takes patience, understanding and occasionally a little work.
Awwww! Jamie, thats the best letter, I think that is so cool! I miss talking to you guys. Can't wait until you're back home! Luv Ya!
Post a Comment