It is amazing how much intense emotion can be read in the face of a newborn. The books we have read tell us that the happy looks are just a reaction to passing gas, but the frustration that he displays at not being able to get any milk out of a pacifier is easy to read. You can see from my latest photo upload that Joey is happy (most of the time) and healthy and gaining weight. We are still waiting to see how his personality will develop. So far his routine is pretty much just Poop, Eat, Poop, Sleep, Poop some more, Sleep some more, etc. My favorite moments are when he appears to be wide eyed and actually seeing some of the things around him. Christie gave us a black and white book that he seems to like focusing on. That is something to do with enjoying certain patterns at this age. I am gonna say bye for now... Tomorrow is 4 weeks and doctor's checkups for Joey and Jenifer so I am sure I'll have more to blog about then.Later!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness me! What an unhappy camper. Don't worry, bathtime will get easier. Some day he will be begging you to let him play in the creek in the mountains! It's a cute little face even if he has it all scrunched up!
The first time we had to give Ethan a bath, I thought, what have we done! Well, then Judy Baker showed up and it was all downhill then! Bathtime will get easier as Nanalaine said! He's a doll! I hope the checkups go well. Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment