How's this for a picture of a happy mom? Jenifer was released from the hospital yesterday as expected. She is doing very well. I only wish she would act like someone who just had surgery and take it easy. She is so focused on getting back to spend time with Joey that she forgets she needs to rest until her body reminds her. Joey is doing well too.He has some jaundice and the nurses said that they need to see his bilirubin levels stay low when he comes out of the photo-therapy light. They are also monitoring him for reflux which causes him to spit up some of his formula after eating. He has been switched to a formula with rice cereal mixed in and this seems to help greatly. Once these things have been resolved and he shows a weight gain he will be released to come home with us. I don't know when this will happen yet but the hospital staff all seem to think that some time this week is a safe bet. It will most likely not be on Monday as we had hoped.Christie arrived yesterday to see her handsome young nephew. I have uploaded the few pictures that I took yesterday to the photobucket... but between my parents and my sister there are tons more that I don't have yet to upload. My Dad has even used this new arrival as an excellent excuse to finally get that SLR camera he has been wanting. Christie and Mom and Dad are having fun visiting Joey when they can and helping to organize and find places for all the baby stuff we have so that Joey's Jungle will be ready for him when he does come home. Jenifer and I are very grateful for their help.
Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes and congratulations. I will keep you posted on our progress.
4 comments:
Yeaaa to mama making it home safely. We're so excited to meet Joey soon...not feeling well enough to feel safe going to the NICU, but I hope to be germ free by the time he makes it home. If you guys have some downtime today and would like some company let us know and we'll swing by and check out the jungle! :)
Hey
We're praying for all of you. I sure wished you lived closer. Mom told Wanda and I that she thought she'd wear the "proud great grand mother" teeshirt to church Sunday. She was so cute thinking of that but we encouraged her to wear it Wednesday night.
Jenifer you look great and Joey looks so comfortable in his mommy's arms.
Jamie, thanks for keeping us updated with terrific photos. You are going to be such a good and fun daddy.
We hope to soon hear that Joey is home.
Love
Denise
He is just precious and I love that picture of Jenifer holding him. We're praying that Joey gets to come home tomorrow - keep us posted! Congrats to you both, new Daddy and new Mommy!
Motherhood looks good on Jenifer. He is just precious. Congratulations! We love and miss you all!
Love,
Megan
Post a Comment