
One of the first things I asked my mom after telling her about Jenifer being pregnant was what she wanted to be called. I told her I was gonna teach the new arrival to call them Granny and Pappy just to tease her. This question is something that she took to heart and put a lot of thought into. I can understand why... after all, despite my teasing, my mom doesn't look like a granny or a grandma. Ray and Faye (Jenifer's parents) already have lots of grandchildren. We need to find out from Shannon (their oldest) what their grandchildren call them. I am not sure who came up with the idea... but the names that Mom has settled on are Nanalaine and Papa. We'll just have to see how long it will take Joey to be able to say that.
Nanalaine and Papa left yesterday to fly back to Atlanta. Mom has been here since the day Joey was born. I know it was hard for them to leave. They came at a moment's notice and stayed to help us take care of all the things that we needed help with since Joey came early. We have very much enjoyed their help and company. I hope that they will come visit Joey a lot. Thank you Mom and Dad, We love you.
With just the three of us here we will focus on getting our routine figured out and enjoying our together time before I go back to work on Thursday night. Joey is a complete angel so far. Our biggest challenges have been dealing with the hiccups after feeding, and his talent for holding his bladder until right after the diaper is removed. That last one is more comedy than challenge. We have some of those Pee Pee Tee Pee things... but he wiggles so much it is pretty difficult to keep it in place until he is done.
Right now he is sleeping on his tired mommy's chest next to me on the love seat.
Life is good!
P.S. I changed the spelling to Nanalaine at Mom's request.
3 comments:
Dad & I felt very honored that you wanted to share this special time with us. It's a such a joy to see you both taking this parenting thing so seriously - you're doing a great job so far. Just teach him to say Nanalaine (notice the spelling - if I made up a name, I should say how it's spelled.)
He is beautiful, sweet and precious. I'm so happy Joey is doing so well. I miss him - I know he's growing and changing every day. I'll keep an eye on Christie's daily pic folder.
I miss all three of you & eagerly await the next time to see you. Love you bunches!
I don't think you are going to have to wait long between visits from Nanalaine and Papa.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Nanalaine! Papa too...but especially Nanalaine! It's perfect! Names are very important, especially for those grandparents. I remember the first time Ethan called my Dad, Poppa - he loved it! It's a big deal once they can say the names of those wonderful people called grandparents! I agree with Sheri - you won't have to wait too long before Papa and Nanalaine are back in FL to see their Joey! Glad to know you're adjusting and life is good!
Post a Comment