I have always loved music, music of all types, I hope to pass this on to Joey. While I was pregnant I enjoyed listening to my playlists of music I've built up on my ipod while Jamie and I were in the truck on road trips. I felt Joey respond occasionally to some music, he'd kick and let me know he was there and the music was coming through loud and clear. I took his response to mean he approved and enjoyed the selection.
So today while spending time with Joey while he was awake we had some fun with music. It started off with me singing silly camp songs to Joey, things like John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Fried Ham and I Had a Little Chicky (want to see some camp song lyrics check this site; http://www.ultimatecampresource.com) then I started up itunes on my computer and we listened to music I have stored there. Joey seemed very content and I enjoyed singing along with the music, crooning to him and delighting him with my vocal styling. (He's not a tough critic thank goodness.) We listened to and I sang along with; Aerosmith Sweet Emotion, I don't Want to Miss a Thing, Walk this Way (I think he really enjoyed this one), Alan Jackson A Love Like That, Alicia Keys No One, Big & Rich Ride a Horse Save a Cowboy, Black Eyed Peas Don't Phunk with My Heart, Bono (from the Across the Universe Soundtrack) Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Billy Miles Sunshine and finally Bowling for Soup 1985. We ended the music lesson there, by then Joey had finished a bottle and was grinning at me sleepily as his eyes fluttered and his eye lids shut for his mid day nap.
Mommy time today was a lot of fun. I hope I can make you grin that goofy grin of yours again soon Joey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's so sweet. I think you're right about Joey liking music. He seemed to be listening to the little music box on the swing when I was holding him Saturday. Wish I could hold him right now! Give him a kiss for me. I love you all!!
Post a Comment